Promote your LHBS!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think you've missed out UBrew that I submitted (post 19), to the other thread

Yes I have. I had a look on the link, I couldn't find anything about what they sell in terms of equipment, ingredients etc? Seems like a fantastic idea but didn't look like a shop?

At the moment they have a cracking deal on Muntons Premium Gold kits, they're only ��������£19.99! If your order is over ��������£45.00 they'll deliver free in certain areas. Definitely one of the best!
Their address is: 77 Sitwell St, Spondon, Derbyshire DE21 7FH.
I checked them out at
http://www.creativewinemaking.co.uk/
You are right; they have good prices on kits and the free after �����£45 delivery is attractive compared to other online suppliers.
I might use them online (in the absence of a LHBS in my area :-()

Yes I have. I had a look on the link, I couldn't find anything about what they sell in terms of equipment, ingredients etc? Seems like a fantastic idea but didn't look like a shop?

Similarly to the other place I listed selling to HBers isn't their core business but they do sell hops and grains and yeast to HBers (Its actually the one out of the two places I listed I go to buy grain and yeast as it's closer to me than the other one) but thats the MASSIVE gripe I have with them, they don't list what they have on their website. The best you can do is email them.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but Plymouth have The Hop Shop.

https://www.home-brew-hopshop.co.uk

They have been in the same site for over 40 years although the current owners are not the original ones. The store is always well stocked. The on line shop is pretty good although I have never used that as they are so local.

They have a good range of stock for beer and wine making including ingredients, equipment and kits. Like many small retailers you could never say they were the cheapest but really useful for the occasional purchase and help and advice which they are happy to share. I use them above the cheaper Wilko's we have just because it's nicer to pop in and have a chat about stuff and ask for recommendations if you are undecided what to make next.

The original owners had a large space at the back where, for a small fee, they would would do the work and make the beer or wine for you once you had bought your kit. You just pitched up a few weeks later to pick it up. Great if you didn't have the space for lots of equipment but not exactly promoting the hobby to do at home.

You just pitched up a few weeks later to pick it up. Great if you didn't have the space for lots of equipment but not exactly promoting the hobby to do at home.

That's basically the business model of Ubrew near me. Don't think everyone has the space to brew AG or extract particularly on London/or want to invest in expensive equipment (although we know better on the forum; that you dont need expensive kit to brew) especially judging by the popularity - they seem to be booked up weeks in advance

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but Plymouth have The Hop Shop.

https://www.home-brew-hopshop.co.uk

They have been in the same site for over 40 years although the current owners are not the original ones. The store is always well stocked. The on line shop is pretty good although I have never used that as they are so local.

They have a good range of stock for beer and wine making including ingredients, equipment and kits. Like many small retailers you could never say they were the cheapest but really useful for the occasional purchase and help and advice which they are happy to share. I use them above the cheaper Wilko's we have just because it's nicer to pop in and have a chat about stuff and ask for recommendations if you are undecided what to make next.

The original owners had a large space at the back where, for a small fee, they would would do the work and make the beer or wine for you once you had bought your kit. You just pitched up a few weeks later to pick it up. Great if you didn't have the space for lots of equipment but not exactly promoting the hobby to do at home.

Thank you - now added.

Found a new LHBS in Glasgow inside the Forge Market .

Really nice man and prices are very reasonable too [emoji106] which is always a bonus! Anyone looking for they're basics should drop in for a look names name was Colin

Search Brewers Bothy on FB or www.thebrewersbothy.co.uk

Found a new LHBS in Glasgow inside the Forge Market .

Really nice man and prices are very reasonable too [emoji106] which is always a bonus! Anyone looking for they're basics should drop in for a look names name was Colin

Search Brewers Bothy on FB or www.thebrewersbothy.co.uk

Thank you, added to the list. Any more folks? Keep the reviews coming, let's support these good people, and hopefully boost their business.....

Latest posts

Back