Postal Bottle Swap 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tried mine at the weekend and it was very good. As mentioned bottle looks shop bought (how do you print and apply your labels?) and the beer pours with a good head. I got a nice roastie grain taste - is that he midnight wheat or rye that is coming through?

Glad mine got to you OK what with the sudden hot weather.

Thanks again for running the bottle swap.

Chris

Well I cracked and I'm currently sipping the last of it.
Definitely a brown ale and it's got that slightly earthy taste to the hops.
Considerably less bitter than my own brown ale and considerably less earthy in flavour, but of course, you've used different hops. I use admiral and challenger.
Very nice I'd say and with a half inch left in my glass I'm wishing I had another one!
Posted yours yesterday so hopefully you'll have it tomorrow or thursday.

Cheers,
John

Dads ale - apollo brown ale 1.jpg

:thumb: Cheers for the feedback guys.

I did keg and force carb part of this batch and found the kegged version was slightly more hoppy, perhaps the bottle secondary fermentation had an effect.

This beer is still a bit work in progress as the latest version (still in corny kegs and not quite ready yet) has some additional Zeus hops added.

I am looking forward to trying all the different beers that are winging my way :drink:

:thumb: Cheers for the feedback guys.

I did keg and force carb part of this batch and found the kegged version was slightly more hoppy, perhaps the bottle secondary fermentation had an effect.

This beer is still a bit work in progress as the latest version (still in corny kegs and not quite ready yet) has some additional Zeus hops added.

I am looking forward to trying all the different beers that are winging my way :drink:

Please be as honest as you want with mine, I want some feedback from someone who isn't friends and family.! :)

Postman was a bit loaded down today :)

Bottles have arrived safe and well from
baggybill
Cwrw666
dan125
chrissy63
Notlaw

They all look really great, really loving the labels :thumb:

They are all now in the bottle fridge to settle down.
I can see I am going to have a good weekend :drink:

I should be able to start sending out round two soon.

Please be as honest as you want with mine, I want some feedback from someone who isn't friends and family.! :)

I'm in the same boat, which is hard to get from people (friends & family) these days as they're afraid of hurting your feelings or somit.

I'm all for constructive criticism - only way to improve on or make somit better imho.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless and go mouthing off and ripping somit up but if somit is not great and I'm asked my honest opinion, then I do say so... carefully... :roll:

Tell it like it is... :thumb:

Postman was a bit loaded down today :)

Bottles have arrived safe and well from
baggybill
Cwrw666
dan125
chrissy63
Notlaw

They all look really great, really loving the labels :thumb:

They are all now in the bottle fridge to settle down.
I can see I am going to have a good weekend :drink:

I should be able to start sending out round two soon.

Pictures! :drink:

I'm in the same boat, which is hard to get from people (friends & family) these days as they're afraid of hurting your feelings or somit.

I'm all for constructive criticism - only way to improve on or make somit better imho.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless and go mouthing off and ripping somit up but if somit is not great and I'm asked my honest opinion, then I do say so... carefully... :roll:

Tell it like it is... :thumb:

I tried a 7.5% on my brother in law and he said it was too thick for him and hard going. I know he doesn't get on with dark high abv brews so if he'd said 'cor- superb' I'd have smelt a rat but he's pretty honest.

you might not be used to a particular style of beer which could make feedback interesting, but still unless it's absolutely undrinkable there's plenty to feedback on. We do take pride in our creations and no-ones going to send a brew that is foul are they?

we'd only send something we're happy to drink and that's the fun... do others have the same tastes but if not what is their take on it? :thumb:

Bottle received. I've impressed by the packaging. Abosolutely love the label - top marks. Very professional. I'm very interested in the grist (of far more interest to me than the hop content tbh) too. I've really been turned on to brown ales recenty, after not being able to get enough of my (may or may not be infected) Hung Drawn &Quartered brown ale I made . So I'm looking to make another very soon and depending on how I find yours I may nick part or all of the grist part of the reciepe
Bottle went straight in the fridge for 24hr to crash the yeast out that got distrubed in transport. I'll be battering that tommorow

(Btw what are the IBU's, as I couldn't see them on he spec sheet you sent with the bottle)

Bottle received. I've impressed by the packaging. Abosolutely love the label - top marks. Very professional. I'm very interested in the grist (of far more interest to me than the hop content tbh) too. I've really been turned on to brown ales recenty, after not being able to get enough of my (may or may not be infected) Hung Drawn &Quartered brown ale I made . So I'm looking to make another very soon and depending on how I find yours I may nick part or all of the grist part of the reciepe
Bottle went straight in the fridge for 24hr to crash the yeast out that got distrubed in transport. I'll be battering that tommorow

(Btw what are the IBU's, as I couldn't see them on he spec sheet you sent with the bottle)

Hi MyQul. I'm afraid I have no idea what the IBUs are :). I make an educated guess at what hops to add and how much and that's it. It's low tech brewing at the Compton Brewery :drink:

I also have no idea of the EBC as I do the same with the malt. I must admit though that the Midnight Wheat looks good for adding colour without too much roast flavour.

Hi MyQul. I'm afraid I have no idea what the IBUs are :). I make an educated guess at what hops to add and how much and that's it. It's low tech brewing at the Compton Brewery :drink:

I also have no idea of the EBC as I do the same with the malt. I must admit though that the Midnight Wheat looks good for adding colour without too much roast flavour.

I'll hopefully be sending you your return bottle on Saturday. I'll be sending you a bottle of Wolf Whistle Ordinary Bitter http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60803&page=2 post 12. It'll be a 500ml bottle rather than my usually 330ml.

The Midnight Wheat (great name) defiantely looks an interesting malt

So I couldn't resist any longer and opened the Corbett's Wit from Doghouse brewery:

f597fdd2-f003-4494-a873-f9a4bb61a652.jpg

Great carbonation and a lovely head, poured a treat with a nice cloudiness.
Initial smell of bananas and fruit and the taste was the same. as I got down the glass I found a slight tartness coming through which went very well with the initial sweetness.
I can honestly say it is much better than most of the commercial offerings I have tried.

Thanks to darkbright for a cracking beer :thumb:

Latest posts

Back