On the rocks mixed berry cider?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeyboi

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a very green, very keen brewer. The missus has asked for a mixed berry cider and I've seen this kit online. Just wondering if anyone has tried it, or if anyone has any tips when brewing?

I saw a video on YouTube about using a different stain of yeast WLP775, has anyone tried this.

All advice welcome.

Jake

I made it a few heats ago. It was ok on a warm summers day. I used the yeast provided. I wouldn't use a ale yeast with it. A few friends got really ill from drinking too much of it

The youtuber said that yeast was a cider yeast. What do u think made ur friends Ill the abv or contamination?

Is there a cider recipe you could recommend that is better?

Thanks

The youtuber said that yeast was a cider yeast. What do u think made ur friends Ill the abv or contamination?

Is there a cider recipe you could recommend that is better?

Thanks

They just drank too much. Lol

Don't make much cider but when I do I just use normal cheap supermarket juice (whatever flavours you fancy) a bit of tea, some cider yeast and yeast nutrient. Works out really cheap.

I made the raspberry and lime cider and have now just bottled the blueberry variant also.

It isn't as sweet as the ones you can buy from the supermarket but in my opinion tastes better.

It comes out close to 6% and doesn't taste like it at all so one to drink steadily as it catches up with you quickly.

Brewed with original yeast and didn't have any problems.

I made the Richies Raspberry and Lime a while ago as my daughter likes a fruit cider. I thought it was pretty good, she thought it was very good and asked for more.
I tried the Magnum Elderflower next for her and that is drinkable but no where near as good as the Richies. Nothing wrong with it just much drier and not as crisp tasting, much more easily recognisable as home brew than the Richies.
Will be doing another one so she and her friends have something to drink at Christmas.

Ok well I've ordered the kit online. Soon as I have a fv free I will get it on. How long did you leave to condition yours?

I've made the mixed berry cider a couple of times, it's pretty good, but if you can leave it to condition for at least a month, when conditioning it if you try some each week you will notice how much more the flavours develops over time

Latest posts

Back