The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumb:Excellent. The two brews i did with Kolsch yeast have turned out ok. First one with saaz hops is fine if a tad bland,second one i used Styrian Goldings and it's really good:)

Now i am used to IPA lowering the hops to Lager levels indeed can make a bland beer. I guess that is what a lemon slice is for. Upping my hop levels on my later batches. Last one was 40 IBU.
Still have to try out the Steam beer yeast. Will spilt a batch on the next brew.

Now i am used to IPA lowering the hops to Lager levels indeed can make a bland beer. I guess that is what a lemon slice is for. Upping my hop levels on my later batches. Last one was 40 IBU.
Still have to try out the Steam beer yeast. Will spilt a batch on the next brew.
Well i was going to do a Belgium blonde next but stuck another 'along the lines of a brew dog' beer on the go yesterday with the US pale again:mrgreen:.
Will do some experimentation with the Kolsch yeast and different hops and IBU's:thumb:

Are any of these yeasts proper lager yeasts?
Kolsch is top fermenting.Certainly can be lagered for as long as wished. Personally i have not done so,just the usual 2+2+2 format and an extra week in just under room temp. Really nice clear tasty beer:thumb:Will do a bit of lagering come winter

Hello marry and welcome to the forum, i'm sure you'l be full of interesting brew related questions and quandaries and not just here to promote ANEGIS consulting.
Since your here...What do you make of the crossmyloof yeast ?

EDIT :

Erm where did marry go ?

I brewed with the US Pale Ale Yeast on Monday, used the whole packet in 12lts and it went off like a train within a few hours.
It was the fastest ferment i've ever seen, a bubble every second, really impressive...........however............after about 24 hours of express fermentation it stopped and by yesterday, less than 2 days, there was absolutely no bubbles.
Is it possible that a beer can ferment out SO quickly, i've certainly never had that before, i'll just leave it as normal and hope everything is fine.
Fermentation temperature was about 22c so perfect for this yeast.
Stroll.

Anyone used the Belgian yeast yet?

Brewed a Tripel last night using this and I was keen to hear others thoughts on it.

I brewed with the US Pale Ale Yeast on Monday, used the whole packet in 12lts and it went off like a train within a few hours.
It was the fastest ferment i've ever seen, a bubble every second, really impressive...........however............after about 24 hours of express fermentation it stopped and by yesterday, less than 2 days, there was absolutely no bubbles.
Is it possible that a beer can ferment out SO quickly, i've certainly never had that before, i'll just leave it as normal and hope everything is fine.
Fermentation temperature was about 22c so perfect for this yeast.
Stroll.
:mrgreen: one of my latest brews has gone the same way,bonkers for two days and now quite. Just leave it alone. I will test mine after 7 days and see what it reads. My first two brews with the yeast have gone well.

Anyone used the Belgian yeast yet?

Brewed a Tripel last night using this and I was keen to hear others thoughts on it.
I tried a Belgian blonde last week from one of local club members and it was delicious as there was a lovely spicy note to it and have ordered one to try it.

Sent from my ALE-L21

I tried a Belgian blonde last week from one of local club members and it was delicious as there was a lovely spicy note to it and have ordered one to try it.

Sent from my ALE-L21

Less than 48 hrs after pitching mine has dropped from 1.085 to 1.030. Sample already tastes very promising :)

I've bought hops previously. Service is excellent, so is the product.

Just used some ale yeast on a lager kit - and it is going like Billy-o after almost a week (and it kicked off almost immediately). Smells nice.

I've bought hops previously. Service is excellent, so is the product.

Just used some ale yeast on a lager kit - and it is going like Billy-o after almost a week (and it kicked off almost immediately). Smells nice.

I've just ordered my second batch of Amarillo hops plus Belgian yeast.:thumb:

Last Sunday I bottled the pale ale I made using US Pale yeast several weeks ago. By last night it was all but clear so thought I'd sample one... it's a winner! Who cares that it's less than a week in the bottle? I'm gonna be givin' it large tonight cos it's great already. More orders coming their way.

Last Sunday I bottled the pale ale I made using US Pale yeast several weeks ago. By last night it was all but clear so thought I'd sample one... it's a winner! Who cares that it's less than a week in the bottle? I'm gonna be givin' it large tonight cos it's great already. More orders coming their way.
I've been drinking a threw together brew which was 1.7kg of LME light,1kg of golden granulated sugar and 300g of spray malt fermented with the Pale Ale yeast and it's fantastic.Also done a Masterpint IPA and tasted last night but although only bottled 5days ago it's certainly got potential and again fermented with Pale Ale yeast.Great stuff.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Must say the three pale's and two kolsch brews of mine were clear very quickly:thumb:

Krinking a Kolsch now brewed with their yeast and German hops. Fermented at 15c with 2 packs of yeast. Might as well its so cheap. Really nice beer. Going to try fermenting an IPA with it next. Still to try the steam beer yeast as well. Got a Port on the go with the high alcohol yeast and that's been going crackers. Also going to make a batch of Barley Wine with their yeast ready for Christmas.

My hefe/kristalweizen using crossmyloof kristalweizen yeast. Cold crashed for a week and then bottle conditioned. The flavour is there but could do with a bit more intensity. Next time i will chance it with the fermentation temperature and raise to 30-32c to try to intensify things.

Drops pretty clear and is probably worth experimenting with. May also try fermenting lower and using some 'C' hops.

IMG_20170416_181926557.jpg

This stuff is so good (and cheap) that all other yeasts have become obsolete, for me. Ok I don't do lager/wheat/Belgians/Saisons and other wacky stuff, but for my pale it's got the best blend of characteristics I've had in yonks of brewing. Yikes! Making stout tomorrow... see how that pans out.

Latest posts

Back