Cali common/steam beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
What temperature should I ferment at 18 or lower going pitch two packets of crossmyloof cali yeast so wondering do you go bit lower to get a cleaner finish.. Also do you need raise temperature after week or so for diactyl rest like with real lager yeast or is it different in this style never done a cali common before.. Thanks

Yeah says 17-22 but wondering if little bit lower would be better. Was going to pitch too packets to avoid any lag and get it going straight away.. Is a diactyl rest need with this style like when you make lager

Yeah says 17-22 but wondering if little bit lower would be better. Was going to pitch too packets to avoid any lag and get it going straight away.. Is a diactyl rest need with this style like when you make lager
Why would you use two packets?,just re hydrate one pack:thumb:

Save the hassle of rehydration yeast and another chance of contamination..also have increased cell count. use to use just one but started using two in last couple brews as read people using two with better results and as they are a great price I don't mind

I fermented all my steam beers at 19 and all turned out fine. In fact the CML was very crisp tasting!

Back