King keg top tap issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skev303

Reaction score
Hi (newbie to the site)
I've just completed my second brew in a king keg top tap. First one was fine however the second one just blew out foam whenever I tried to pour a beer. It has a sparkler tap and adjusting either way makes no difference. The gas ran out quite quickly although as I've had it siting in the shed for 3 weeks I doubt it's a leak. I ended up opening the top again to see if the float was maybe too high. It seemed okay but to be sure I weighed it down so it was under the beer line. I then sealed it again and added more gas. It still blew out more gas than beer and ran out before I even managed to fill the glass (again I'd left it long enough to be happy there was no leak) it's like once I open the tap it's pulling gas in from somewhere. Any advice would be really helpful I've usually used bottom taps with no issues. Also as I've now opened the keg up and inevitably exposed the beer to more oxygen is this likely to spoil the beer anyway. It's currently sat there with co2 in it but I don't want to try to pour it as this seems to release the gas
Many thanks in advance

Hi no I checked the tubing to the float and it turns out there's a small split in the connection so it was pulling the gas through, thanks anyway

Latest posts

Back