Spraymalt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to buy spraymalt/malt extract including postage?

Need some to make a starter, no lhb shop nearby so need to buy online

You might get malt extract from a health food shop to avoid postage. Wilcos also do dme if one nearby.

Hi!
I read somewhere that malt extract sold by Holland & Barrett is OK for starters.
Meridian and Potter's are pure malt extracts; H&B's own extract has ingredients from other seeds.

17 miles to the nearest shops. Last time I was in H&B they only had flavoured malt extract.

Might be able to call in a wilko at the week (36 miles away). Was just hoping to get some online so it was done.

Hi!
I read somewhere that malt extract sold by Holland & Barrett is OK for starters.
Meridian and Potter's are pure malt extracts; H&B's own extract has ingredients from other seeds.
Have used H and B extracts they are fine. Even H and B's own in the 454 grm jar is fine,used it loads of times:thumb:
If you really want spraymalt look at Geterbrewed,postage will be added but prices are pretty good and delivery is really quick,or for just one bag at atime Wilko.

Where is the cheapest place to buy spraymalt/malt extract including postage?

Need some to make a starter, no lhb shop nearby so need to buy online
I got 1kg bag from eBay, it cost me £8 including postage.

Malt Miller is cheap, especially if it is part of a bigger order so the postage doesn't hammer you. I think Tesco also have it half price at the moment but make sure you don't get the beer enhancer by accident.

Malt Miller is cheap, especially if it is part of a bigger order so the postage doesn't hammer you. I think Tesco also have it half price at the moment but make sure you don't get the beer enhancer by accident.

Will check Tesco out, again I don't plan to go to a store anytime soon but I could factor in a trip st the weekebd

I got a kilo from the hbc (or maybe geterbrewed..? ) on a previous big order.

How much do you need?

Could swap some for a bottle (if you can wait for 2 2nd class deliveries - waiting for my bottle box back....)

Thanks for the offer. I tend to get it with big orders but fully stocked at the moment.

I am going to try wilko at the weekend. If I can't get any I will let you know and we can do a swap

Latest posts

Back