Best Beer in the North West.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Best Beer in the North West for Hawkshead Brewery
By Carl Fallowfield on 16/02/2017

Pint-of-Hawksheads-Windermere-Pale.jpg

Windermere Pale is Champion Beer of the North West.

The Hawkshead Brewery beer is on the march to the Champion Beer of Britain finals after being declared the best beer in the North West by CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) at its Liverpool Beer festival, on Wednesday night.

Windermere Pale has been given multiple awards by the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) since it was launched in 2009 plus it has a silver medal from “the Oscars of the brewing industry,” the International Brewing Awards. It is a low gravity (3.5% ABV) hoppy session beer. The signature hop is Citra.

This is the second time Hawkshead has had the North West champion beer “Cumbrian 5 Hop” won the title in 2013. As a result this will be the 7th year in a row that Hawkshead Brewery has had a beer in the Champion Beer of Britain finals.

Cracking place the Hawkshead brewery if anyone is in the area. Great food, good live music and a not too shabby pint! :)

My second home :thumb:

My favourite beer :drunk:

...........my first all grain brew a few weeks ago was a Windy Pale clone ...... came out absolutely spot on, if not a little stronger ;)

I live in the South East. Sure I have seen some from this brewery as guest beers a few times though so might get to taste it one day. Looks a bit larger like for me though.

WINDERMERE PALE

3.5% Cask / 4% Bottle

A highly refreshing, very pale ale, bursting with hop character and a fine fruity aroma. Brewed with soft Lakeland water, Maris Otter malted barley and full flower hops - blending three traditional English hops and the modern American hop, Citra.

CAMRA Champion Beer of the North West 2017

Champion Bottled Beer Silver SIBA NW 2016

Gold SIBA NW 2016, Bottle Standard Bitters & Pale Ales

SIBA National Champion 2014 Silver Bottled Bitters (up to 4.9%)

SIBA NW Champion Bottled Beer 2013

2 Star Great Taste Award 2013

SIBA National Champion 2012 Standard Bitters Silver

fb7b9caf-74d7-427c-8ebe-66906d347982.png

Latest posts

Back