Batch Priming St Peters Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maysie

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All
I batch primed and bottled my St Peters Cream Stout yesterday using 130g of demerara sugar for 21 litres of brew. Having re-checked the Brewers Friend calculator this morning I wonder if I have overdone it.
Do I need to be wary of bottle bombs, or will it not make too much difference?

Is there an adjustment that I need to make between sugar weights when it comes to using demerara vs say ordinary white granulated? For some reason I seem to think that demerara would be less 'active' than regular white granulated?

I was also crash cooled after fermentation for 4 days, so it was at around 8 degreesC when the sugar went in. Now being raised to around 18 degreesC again

TIA

Thank you! I Was getting a bit nervous to say the least.

I am not sure why I did it as I have been REALLY careful up until that point to make sure nothing went wrong with the brew.
I think I had read other peoples feedback on this kit and a few had mentioned lack of carbonation after bottling, so I stupidly just decided to shove more sugar in!

I wont be doing that again.....

yup your beer will be a little more lively and yes i have bottled with 150grams before on a 21 litre brew a wheat beer
just open them carefully, crack em open slightly to release the co2 slowly do it over the sink [just in case] then open fully
don't just rip the lids off and you will be ok

:thumb:

Reviving an old thread but wondering has anyone batch primes this stout and if so how much sugar to use... Thanks

Latest posts

Back