Four Finger Jack

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyandy

Reaction score
I'm not going to do a traditional review here simply because the form is that new reviews go on tagged on the end of old ones. What I will say I have enjoyed this brew so much that before I have finished one I have stared another brew. I think that says it all. However in about 6 weeks I will be looking to do an AG version.

An AG version eh? Good man.

Can you describe what it is like? Any idea how you are going to put the AG version together?

Only sort of

It will be a bit darker I think because I will use pale malt and this looks like it is more lager by the colour, so I'm thinking about 4.5/5kilo Pale and about .5 k of flaked maize (because I like it in a brew) Bittering I'm thinking fuggles and cascade. Aroma probably citra, and dry hopped with Zeus and Centennial just like the kit.

I like the heavy bitterness of the brew combined with the lightness of the malt. If I am honest it does need more hop aroma. I am a newbie to the APA style so it will be learning all the way. Give me a few mins I'll go ove to Brewers Friend and pull some ideas together.

The Kit details are 15-20 EBC, 45-50 IBU, 1046 SG 4.6% and finishing hops Zeus and Centennial

Any ideas welcome

Okay so I'm looking at

4.5 kg Pale
250g Flaked Maize

90 min mash

35g Fuggles
35g cascade

120 mins of boil

25g Citra last 15 mins

50 g Zeus
50 g Centennial

Dry hopped 4 days before bottling

Safe ale 05 (I think it's 05 that's the APA yeast isn't?)

23 litre batch

Thanks Clibit,

It will be between one and two months before this one goes but I do like the look of the recipe, will let you know how it goes (actually might be a bit sooner depending)

Not sure you'll get a response.

The threads linked below can be great for reference, but this thread is over 18months old and cornyAndy hasn't been active for 6months. (You can click on someone's name to see when they were last on).

Latest posts

Back