Hello from Scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aegir

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just wanted to say hello, I'm very new to the brewing fraternity, but looking forward to starting my first batch soon, as a matter of interest, Lidl are selling an electric fruit preserver and jam maker tommorow at their stores (its on their web site you just need to put in your post code to get local store and click kitchen essential from thursday, sorry long way for a short cut ) :roll: My question is: Would this be suitable for Home brewing?
Dont know if it has a thermostat? Any advice most welcome

Thank you and kind regards, :thumb:

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum :cheers:

I was looking at the Lidl website about electric fruit preserver the other day and was wondering if it would be suitable :wha:

I think you'd need to open the box and have a good look at it, elements, thermostat, tap ...etc

With a rolling boil I measure 104c :hmm:

Happy brewing Sean

Hi aegir welcome to the HBF.
Lidi, fruit preserver, just use a thermometer and you should be ok :thumb:
And it's less than £40,that's the buy of the year.
There is a fruit juice maker as well,this will help you when your making soft fruit wine.
hope you have some thing ready to :drink: soon.
Keep brewing and good luck :cheers:

Nice to meet you!

I've been looking at that too. If it's not good enough to maintain a rolling boil - or the thermostat cuts out all the time, it should be good enough for an HLT. Great at 40 quid though.

Hi Dave, I was in St Andrews at the weekend as my son was playing a cricket tourny at Station Park.

Welcome to the forum from another Fifer. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back