Bri's GF review-remarks so far type of thingy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello all,
theres all ready a few reviews on the GF, and some of the problems that came about.
hping my spelling and how i get my post across you'll will understand.
for all most of the remark and the probs are with two handed people, this is for one handed people like me.
wher to start....(well Bri start at the start...if u can:lol:)
1. the price, will always be a bone of contention...so all ill say is...IN MY EYES its worth every bit of the money...(you get what pay for)
2. ease of set up and use. i was pleasantly suprise at the setup, one handed made no difference. use- what a dream tbh! once i read the vodios etc and had a few brews under my belt...bloody emazing.
3. build quality- top notch tbh..expect with the price it'll be good.
4. cleaning- a dream :thumb:
5. stc100 control thingy- ok thers a cover..bloody anoyying...the new upgrade looks better..
6. any other points i should mention, be good from other people to contribute....coz my learning difficulty is creeping in:lol:
what probs have found (generic with one handed and two.
starting with two obviously spoken in the net
the recalculation jobby

it is documented the the screw gets stuck with heat!..too right:-(
if the whole nut isnt tight (as i found) i had to use a pair of mole grips to get it off.......be ok if you two handed.
could they do a quick release thingy...dont know?

the filter well documented as well. time n time the cap was off...even if im careful...(careful isnt my middle name!) even thought a cable tie, or even thin wire to secure it..every time.
could they make screw off one...i dont know?
excuse the mess of it...:whistle:

my first slip in the hoses...the hot water out just under the nut.
a bit of black nasty do the trick:thumb:

all i say......one handed....slippy hand...gravity...smash!
could the frame ends be made of hard rubber..instead flimsy material..i dont know?

what were they thinking with this?
fingers..heat..say no more.
could they improve one with handles..i dont know?

theres a lot of 'dont knows' sorry if its annoying:mrgreen:
it will great to see the upgrades or the common probs sorted out.
at the end of the day...(apart from gettin dark!) ill say it again what a great piece of eqt.
looking fwd with other problems, remedies etc.
if nothing else this thread makes a good laugh...sometime better than serous.:mrgreen:
as always...thx for viewing.:thumb:

Back