Spraymalt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full hour, in a little saucepan with the lid on at around 66C. Put the oven on low for 10mins, turn off then put the saucepan in to keep the temp up and forget about it for an hour, strain into another pan, quick boil and cool and off you go.

It's not an exact science but you're only trying to grow the yeast not make a great beer. Cheaper than spraymalt, and spraymalt only comes in 500g or 1kg packs: if you don't use the whole packet and then try to store it, the moisture in the air clags it all up. Grain just seems the easiest option for me.

Full hour, in a little saucepan with the lid on at around 66C. Put the oven on low for 10mins, turn off then put the saucepan in to keep the temp up and forget about it for an hour, strain into another pan, quick boil and cool and off you go.

It's not an exact science but you're only trying to grow the yeast not make a great beer. Cheaper than spraymalt, and spraymalt only comes in 500g or 1kg packs: if you don't use the whole packet and then try to store it, the moisture in the air clags it all up. Grain just seems the easiest option for me.

I dont know why I haven't thought about doing this before. It's way cheaper than LME/DME. I think I might have a go at doing this once the H&B LME I just bought is used up

@Leon103
H&B shop stock levels of LME are a bit hit and miss. I usually ring the shop to check what they have before I travel.
Balliihoo Homebrew oonline only charge £2.50 for P&P for packages under 2kg, and prices are reasonable, for hops and LME. I have used them for small orders and they are OK.

Latest posts

Back