Todays new toys.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeastinfection

Landlord.
Reaction score
so todays postman dropped off a few things and a trip to wilkos provided the others.
my new book will be an interesting browse as mentioned by a forum member,and a new bottle wand as the one i have just slows the flow down rather than shut it off, this one is spring loaded,and only ��£5 from wilkos including the tap, Bargain,
the other items are part of my plan to reduce the waiting time of a brew day,
A wall plug timer and solid state resistor, i plan to set the timer so the water is about the correct temp to mash at when i get up on brew day.Rather than get up and wait an hour for it to heat,
The wall pug says it can handle 3kw my element is 2.4kw so should be fine, but to be on the safe side, i plan on using the Ssr,
[URL=http://s626.photobucket.com/user/Simbo09/media/20161110_174006_zpszbiz8fxw.jpg.html] [/URL]

I hate bottling but it got a lot more bearable once i bought a bottle wand (little bottler) and a bucket clip, i didn't use the tap i cut the tube off and inserted it into my Wilko syphon, works a treat.

the other items are part of my plan to reduce the waiting time of a brew day,
A wall plug timer and solid state resistor, i plan to set the timer so the water is about the correct temp to mash at when i get up on brew day.Rather than get up and wait an hour for it to heat,
[/URL][/URL]

that's a good idea....I waste about an hour at the beginning of brewdays waiting for the mash water to heat. 15-20 minutes of that is also malt grinding time (by hand) but the other 40 minutes is wasted.

I hate bottling but it got a lot more bearable once i bought a bottle wand (little bottler) and a bucket clip, i didn't use the tap i cut the tube off and inserted it into my Wilko syphon, works a treat.

i knew id seen it on here,
my first one came with a coopers kit, but i had to turn the tap off at every bottle as it dripped so badly.

I had a delivery yesterday as well...a coat for my Grainfather (it's getting bloody cold in the garage!), a stainless steel air stone, some iodine and a glass trial jar (the plastic one I've been using since I started is difficult to see through unsurprisingly). Shame it's a week and a half until I can use any of them.

I love getting home and seeing a package that says China on it (that's where I can only get my stuff). But recently the wife gives me this look like, again! Kind of a sweet sour moment. I just ordered my beer gun with all the connections. Can't wait to give it a try. That way I can just keg everything and then when I need a few bottles, shoot one up right then and there. I know it sounds easy and I'm sure I'll just make a hugh mess!

Back