Lindr Beer chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euan1984

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for advise from anyone with a lindr beer chiller /cooler I have the 25 version without the compressor , I am having trouble when dispensing my homebrew whereby it seems to fob a lot or foam a lot , now after making homebrew for years I thought this would be an easy sort but I am not having much luck , I read an article online about reducing my beer line to 4/16 using reducers and this takes away approx 10psi per m of hose used now I have tried that and it is total rubbish in my eyes , I am looking to pour a decent chilled pint and had good success whilst using a keg from a brewery although I did have to lower the keg psi a lot to get this right, if anybody out there has one and could let me know their length of line , psi used and beer type I would be grateful thanks Euan

14788973937891170073311.jpg

hi Euan
ive had my 20 litre one without a compressor since around xmas now and serve from cornies with it.i use 10mm o/d silicon milk hose with a 5/16 internal bore,its around 4 feet from can to chiller and do have a bit of fobbing on first pint but once the cooler is running at the top of its game its fine,i just force carb my cornies up to around 15 psi and let them sit.having three of them by the time im cracking one its been sitting a minimum of 6 weeks
heres a pic inside my bar cupboard,i had to join 3/8 hard tubing to the 10mm silicon as 10 mill isn't quite water tight and I also use a shut off valve in the beer line so I can swap kegs without losing much beer

IMG_20161111_221420621[1].jpg

Cool thanks for the info I appreciate you taking the time to reply , it sure is a good bit of kit , I read an article that suggested you use a section of 4/16 pipe using reducers would create a back pressure and reduce fobbing however I have had no success with that yet either

Back