fruit machine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
whilst out on my bike I thought about opal fruits / starburst and how i'd be landed if there were 2 strawberry ones in a pack.

https://hungryjenny.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/long-live-opal-fruits.html

I then thought a beer equivalent would be good seeing as i'm grown up now don't you know :lol:

So my next wheat beer after this one (there'll be a dark beer, a hoppy one and a saison in between) I think i'll look to get cherry,lemon,lime and orange, maybe grapefruit 'concentrate'. I know the cherry needs to be mixed with alcohol, the plan being to have 4 or 5 different flavors. come bottling time add about 10ml of flavour to an individual bottle after filling up with wheat beer. I'd have 4/5 individual syringes to stop the flavours mixing.

Then when I fancy a fruity wheat beer I get a lucky dip :grin: and have 4 or 5 different brews from 1 ferment :grin::grin:.

Hence the title of this thread will be the name of the beer!

what do you think?

Sounds good. Like the idea of the surprise after opening. Lets us know if it works out okay.

whilst out on my bike I thought about opal fruits / starburst and how i'd be landed if there were 2 strawberry ones in a pack.

I then thought a beer equivalent would be good seeing as i'm grown up now don't you know :lol:

So my next wheat beer after this one (there'll be a dark beer, a hoppy one and a saison in between) I think i'll look to get cherry,lemon,lime and orange, maybe grapefruit 'concentrate'. I know the cherry needs to be mixed with alcohol, the plan being to have 4 or 5 different flavors. come bottling time add about 10ml of flavour to an individual bottle after filling up with wheat beer. I'd have 4/5 individual syringes to stop the flavours mixing.

Then when I fancy a fruity wheat beer I get a lucky dip :grin: and have 4 or 5 different brews from 1 ferment :grin::grin:.

what do you think?

Would it be possible to use the like of diluting concentrate for the same idea?

what do you think?

In a more Adult way its like a pick and mix in a German Brothel :lol::lol:

I would dose 4-5 bottles with a single flavour of a brew first however just to be on the safe side, one or two may turn out to be 'coffee or orange Revels' and best omitted from a full batch dedicated to the plan.

Would these be okay to use?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXfZMRcEQA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I made a plum porter before Christmas and used these natural flavours. You need to watch them a little goes a very long way. I used 100 drops which was probably about 5-8ml for a 25L brew. That was almost too much (the flavour was right but the aroma was a bit in your face). Other flavours may vary but they are really concentrated extracts.

The plum porter was great and I'm definitely going to be experimenting with other flavours.

I know it isn't a traditional opal fruit favour but I think a blueberry wheat beer would be good. I may have to add that to the todo list.

I know it isn't a traditional opal fruit favour but I think a blueberry wheat beer would be good. I may have to add that to the todo list.

they do a butter essence :twisted:

you could brew a perfectly fine beer and add a few drops to make it seem like you messed the ferment up :doh:

blueberry wheat beer sounds good to me :thumb:

Back