Owen recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico1973

Reaction score
Hi All

Trying to build a part mash I want to now would this work and do I need to add anything else?

1.Base extract Simply Beer Kit - Pale Ale Kit

2.Crushed Malt - Wheat Malt 250g

3.Pale Crystal Malt 250g

4.Hop Pellets - Styrian Goldings (Celeia) Hop tea

5.Flaked Maize amount not sure (help)

Batch size 23 liter

Yeast that comes with the kit or recommendations welcome :smile:

You can add up to 20% maize. Its mostly to boost ABV but may or may not add some corn flavour (I've never used it so I'm unsure how much flavour it'd add). What's the weight on the simply pale ale kit? I'll put it through some brewing software to let you how much maize is 20%

Just put things through brewmate. You need to add some more fermentables/base malt as even with 19.44% maize it only comes 1.035 OG/3.4%ABV. If you mash 600g of pale malt too it'll give you OG 1.041/4%ABV

Original Gravity (OG): 1.041 (°P): 10.2
Final Gravity (FG): 1.010 (°P): 2.6
Alcohol (ABV): 4.03 %
Colour (SRM): 5.1 (EBC): 10.1
Bitterness (IBU): 0.0 (Tinseth)

50% Liquid Malt Extract - Light
19.44% Flaked Corn (700g)
16.67% Pale Malt (600g)
6.94% Crystal 20
6.94% Wheat Malt

This is exported from brewmate using the figures in your OP and 1.8kg plus 600g pale malt and 700g maize. There's no IBU as I dont know what the kit IBU is

Your reciepe looks like a cream ale, lawn mower beer style with slovenian hops added :thumb:

MyQul,
just trying to input stuff on brewersfriend how do you class extract I now you used brewsmate, but must be a similar class of ingredients don't see extract :doh:

As you say, I dont use Brewers Fiend for recipes, but it should be the same. Either Dried Malt Extract (DME) or Liquid Malt Extract (LME). For a kit it's LME as a kit is hopped LME

Latest posts

Back