3 litre swing tops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainM

Landlord.
Reaction score
I saw some 3 litre Staffordshire Brewery swing tops in John Lewis recently, Cheddleton Golden Ale and Cottage Delight Cheddleton Christmas Ale. I haven't tried the beers, and they aren't cheap (�£35 a pop). Impractical, I imagine it would be difficult to get a bottle filler down far enough, and you would have to pour several servings and disturb the sediment... but they do look bad-ass.

Here we have Grolsch 1,5 liter ones which still look bad ass and are still (somewhat) practical.. Would dare to bottle a carbondioxide rich brew though.

I have a 2L one I fill up for Christmas day, pour into 4 pint glasses in one pour before the Turkey is sliced. :) Helps that there are 4 ale drinkers in the house at the time though!

I have a 2L one I fill up for Christmas day, pour into 4 pint glasses in one pour before the Turkey is sliced. :) Helps that there are 4 ale drinkers in the house at the time though!

Sounds good. Unfortunately my family prefer wine at Christmas. Let me know how your GH mild pans out. I'm doing it as my next brew.

Latest posts

Back