Greg Hughes Wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of doing this next but I fancy adding more hops as I've done single hopped citra pales a few times and delicious as they are I want a change. Any recommendations as to what goes well with citra (other than amarillo, which I don't want to use this time)?

WLP300 is what i used but switched to wyeast 3068. You would be most welcome to it, not sure if buying all those crates was a good idea. I don't think its undrinkable its just not fresh and i tend to drink the new stuff. I am spoilt for choice really and Wheat beer is meant to be drunk fresh (apparently).
Does anyone know if Raspberry wheat beer keeps? Have plenty of that left too.

It does keep I drunk a 5 month old one as a control sample and it hadn't gone downhill markedly, it was still a good beer. it was a little less smooth and a bit harsher slightly more acidic than the earlier ones.

Well my latest cherry wheat attempt using this .....

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Cherry-Extract.html

turns out more fruits of the forest than cherry. So next time 2 bottles for 21 litres. A proper cherry beer isn't cheap :-(

I tasted my first bottle of this last night, though I took the OP's advice and added more hops - 28g of cascade at 10 minutes and another 28g of cascade dry hop. Fermented with US-05. It was only 9 days in the bottle but I'm impatient when I have a new beer to try - I needn't have worried though, it's come out beautifully - as clear as you could hope for in a wheat beer with only the mildest haze, fantastic head and head retention all the way down and the cascade really works with the fruitiness of the citra. It's delicious already and will get better with a couple more weeks of conditioning.

Back