wow"s

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigd2657

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking at the wow forum and am thinking wow, ( No Pun Intended). Can anyone give me a rough time frame from making the WOWs to being able to drink them are they all the same or are all different flavours different.

Thanks in advance

Big D 2657

Most of them you probably could drink after 2 weeks, but you should wait until about 4+ weeks. It's the drinkers preference for what tastes good to you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have much storage space so all our wines a drunk young, I have had bottles that have lasted a few weeks and to be honest we don't see any difference, that is not to say there is no difference just that we don't notice any.

I've started and drunk one in 10 days, but two weeks is about right.

Varieties that have taken slightly longer to clear were made with the pulpier juices like mango etc... but even then, only by a couple of days

I found a few I made about 5 months ago and they don't taste much different than they did a few weeks old... as the guys above have said.

Happy winemaking 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

First one I made we drank the first bottle the day after bottling it. Tasted great.

As others have said provided you use finings (e.g. Kwik Clear) you can be drinking it with a couple of weeks. It's probably about 10-14 days to ferment out, then rack into another demijohn adding stabilizer and a campden tablet (crushed), de-gas, top up, add finings and then with 2-3 days it will be clear and ready bottle. You can drink it anytime after that. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back