Apple and Rhubarb TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hmm...

I was planning on using some of that Copella Apple and Rhubarb juice for a TC, but it's pretty expensive (£3 for 1.5L), so if I made 25L batch using mostly that (18L), it would end up being over £40 :-(

I could use some plain AJ instead of all the Copella I suppose, but would dilute the rhubarb taste a bit I suppose....

Any thoughts about other ways to get some rhubarb taste in there - is fresh an option, does it grow at this time of year, or maybe frozen ?

It is double that over here. May as well make wine with actual wine. Hmmm, now there's an idea !

Last time I was in Tesco that Copella was only �£2 for 1.5L. Where were you looking Roddy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on the tesco website, maybe it has special offers now and again

You can buy rhubarb this time of year from Tesco 400g for approx £2.75, i assume other supermarkets must also sell it.
Another option may be tinned Rhubarb again most supermarkets sell it at about £1 for a 540g tin look for "rhubarb in light syrup" and check the label for preservatives.

Nice idea, i will give it a go with rhubarb from the allotment next season.

You can buy rhubarb this time of year from Tesco 400g for approx ��£2.75, i assume other supermarkets must also sell it.
Another option may be tinned Rhubarb again most supermarkets sell it at about ��£1 for a 540g tin look for "rhubarb in light syrup" and check the label for preservatives.

Nice idea, i will give it a go with rhubarb from the allotment next season.

I could take the credit for the rhubarb idea , but that really belongs to pvt_ak ! :grin:

I know and I've been waiting on your part of the deal to deliver the recipe mate lol [emoji16][emoji16]

will get one on the brew shortly, will have to wait until next week though, I'm captain skint this month :sulk:

I know the feeling - to keep my hunger for brewing satisfied I'm going to kick off another DJ or 2 this week - much cheaper.
Picked up from Asda today:

3 bottles of Grape,Pomegranate and raspberry.
1 bottle of Pomegranate
500g Raisins .

Thinking I should be able to squeeze 2 DJ's out of that - pondering recipes tonight.

Looked for rhubarb but couldn't find it !!

Found ginger though quite cheap in Asda at £1.50 for 500g. Want to kick off a ginger beer but need more time for that one !!

Bugger... went to my kit box and realised that I'm out of eBay cider yeast with sweetener....

I'm going to swing by morrisons tonight and if they have the juice I want, I'll just kick a batch off with the mangrove jacks yeast I've got

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They didn't have enough of the juice anyway... so will have to park this one until next week.

Did pick up some stuff to make a wow with hehe

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Good man !
I'm just throwing together a Pomegranate and raisin DJ of wine. Waiting for it cool a little before pitching yeast [emoji16]

I used cawstons apple n rhubarb and RGJ and it came out ok but not great, but I make a lot of rhubarb wine and was probably comparing to that, then I did a cawstons apple n ginger with WGJ and that is blooming lovely man.:thumb:

I used cawstons apple n rhubarb and RGJ and it came out ok but not great, but I make a lot of rhubarb wine and was probably comparing to that, then I did a cawstons apple n ginger with WGJ and that is blooming lovely man.:thumb:

Was the Apple and Ginger with WGJ a wine CB ? Or a TC ?

Latest posts

Back