Forum suggestion.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote -

• I would like the Wine and Cider forums to be separated.

• I prefer them together.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Vinotinto posted

Hi all

In raising this I do not seek in any way to rock any boats etc etc and please treat this as you deem fit but.....

I have questioned this at the top of the forum with no response from the site owner etc and I am also mindful that that part of the forum does not get viewed regularly by many ( me included ).

As a complete newcomer a few months back it struck me at an early stage as a member purely interested in wine making, that life would be far easier day to day IF the wine and cider section of the forum was seperated into two distinct parts. Do not get me wrong, I like my beer and I am not to adverse to the odd cider but I have thusfar not had any interest in making them at home.

Would it not be preferable to split the existing wine and cider sections? Those that have interest in both can simply view both. Those eg , that only wish to view wine making threads or cider threads can do so without having to filter the rest.

Many a time I see new posts available in the wine section only to find that those posts only relate to cider making. Not the end of the world but .........

Well , point made. Just wondered IF there is any support out there for this to be done. If not, no problem, I will crawl back into my cave with a bottle of tropical WOW and hold my 'piece' for evermore but in the knowledge that I have said my bit!

I posted in the original thread (see below) that the owner prefers a slimmed down version of the old forum so even if there is a much bigger yes to no vote it probably wont change anything but there is no harm in trying.

Please read Vinotinto's thread before voting or answering, thanks.

Blimey Chippy, you ARE on the ball tonight! How on earth did you get this on so quick?

Think the wording is a bit Brexit though. :)

I myself could actually easily and honestly answer yes to both.

I would prefer them seperate OR I would prefer them together may have been more appropriate.

Thank you anyway.

I think we posted at the same time so i edited mine and added your post. :wink:

Changed to - I prefer them together.

I voted together, it might be easier to have seperated them, but I feel that one encourages the other to experiment with making. If a hard cider maker goes to all the trouble of collecting, pressing and straining fruit, then they may well try wine making practices and it encouraged me to restart cider making when I stopped making cider 40 years ago. Besides the forum can stagnate if just wine with few posts during the week. Look at the mead forum gets busy a few days a month! Variety is the spice of life :)

How does one vote ?

I'm in favour of together mind you, gives me great ideas for all sorts 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't really care to be honest but I don't mind them together so I voted that way.

I 100% agree with Tau. As much as it pains me to see the two lumped in together if they are separated out I reckon both would lose a little as there is cross training there. Maybe another poll to see if Roddy can have his own subsection !

I just voted keep them together. I'm mostly only interested in beer but do occasionally click on cider or wine threads if they look interesting. If the forum was split though, I'd never look up the cider or wine sections.

As I started out doing WOW's & Beer Kits I feel I've exhausted these, kinda got boring, there's only so many ways you can throw fruit juice and sugar in a jar and get excited about cheap plonk IMO. There are pages and pages of the same questions, been answered over and over again. After doing my first AG stove top BIAB using Clibit's post, it's opened a whole new world, so I tend to read the beer forums. I'm all for the beer on both accounts...sorry.

As I started out doing WOW's & Beer Kits I feel I've exhausted these, kinda got boring, there's only so many ways you can throw fruit juice and sugar in a jar and get excited about cheap plonk IMO. There are pages and pages of the same questions, been answered over and over again. After doing my first AG stove top BIAB using Clibit's post, it's opened a whole new world, so I tend to read the beer forums. I'm all for the beer on both accounts...sorry.

It wasn't to do with the beer Rock. That is already seperate.

Latest posts

Back