Make your own.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weenie

Reaction score
A friend got me the Strawberry and Pear Cider kit from the 'Make Your Own' range for Christmas.

I'd only ever brewed beer (from kits) before but I guess it was time my cider-drinking friends could sample some of my homebrewing!

Instructions were easy to follow, although it didn't include anything about using a hydrometer so I have no real idea about the ABV of the final brew (packet says average 4.7%)

Instead of priming my bottles with a tsp of sugar, I used 1.5 tsp.

Two weeks after bottling, I thought I'd try one. Bottle opened with a nice hissing sound, drink was pretty clear but yeast was still a bit loose at the bottom.

The resulting cider was refreshingly fizzy and a bit sweet but certainly not half as sweet as commercial fruit ciders. In fact, compared to those, it's probably quite dry!

There was still a slight homebrew twang in the flavour and the instructions recommend at least another week before the drink is at its best.

Hopefully still the summer when I can enjoy it! :tongue:

I have made the Rose wine and others have made the Red and White at £20 for 30 bottles they are great value.

Latest posts

Back