Coopers, Canadian Blonde Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pearlfisher said:
Kegged this one a fortnight ago , took until now to be almost clear , tasting very good even at room temperature.
I added a 1.5kg can of Coopers Light Malt Extract to it for extra body.
I plan to transfer it to my Tap a Draft's this weekend ,so I can get some in the beer fridge.

Tried a few from the fridge , it's much better although still not clear ,but then again you don't drink with your eyes.

If I make this again I may try adding a Cooper's APA kit to it as suggested on an Aussie forum .

Ok, so i have just made this kit with 1kg of Light spray malt and pitched the yeast at 23 deg c to a 23 litre mix.

Pearlfisher said:
Brewing Boilerman said:
Ok, so i have just made this kit with 1kg of Light spray malt and pitched the yeast at 23 deg c to a 23 litre mix.

You can relax and forget about now for 10 days or so. :thumb:

Yeah I normally give it 2 weeks tbh. First kit I have done all malt. Next will be all
Wheat malt wheat beer.

Hi guys, the Canadian blonde is the first beer I am ever trying to brew. My OG was 1.036 and SG on day 4 is still 1.030. There was visible fermentation for 3 days, but there is no frothing now.

Should I be worried about the slow progress in SG?

Sounds like it's stuck. What temperature is the room you're brewing it in? Mine tend to slow down/stop if the room temp falls below 20C, I'd be tempted to give it a stir and move it to the warmest place in the house for a few days. Don't panic as it sounds like it has been fermenting, although I would have expected it to drop lower than that in 4 days, maybe down to 1020 or lower.

I have maintained it at a constant 24.

Although I think my SG reading on day 4 could be wrong. It's day 6 today and SG is 1.012.
I guess it was just beginners nerves.
I really hope my first brew is decent. SWMBO can only tolerate this as long as It turns out well!

I will be brewing this one later tonight,just finishing sterilizing and away i go lol.Late one for me then and its my 1st time :pray: :pray:

re above..... then you have only 4 more weeks at least to wait..... :twisted: :twisted:

Took my 1st reading last nite and it was 1080 which seems high to me but i brewed short at 20l so dunno if this would affect the reading :)

Thats far too high, id imagine its more like 1.045ish at 20l so either you didnt stir it up enough or your hydrometer is faulty

brew enhancer one by coopers,took a reading last night which was 24h after 1st reading and it was at 1042 :)

checked it last night and its down to 1030 so its heading in the right direction.will take another reading on thursday night and see what we get :) :)

Ok so its been sitting at 1020 for a couple of days now which to me seem still to high,i gave it a stir on friday incase it stalled but still 1020. I brew it short to 20L and used brew enhancer 1 and my og was 1080 which was checked and double checked.Now using the calculator up top that would make it 8% this cant be right for a coopers kit,can it ??. Gona leave it till wed as that would be 10 days in the FV then bottle it up :)

This is my first ever brew, started today. Some really great advice on here so hopefully i have taken all on board and a good brew will prevail?

I have the FV in an outside room with heater on. Will be keeping an eye on the temp, but so far room temperature is steady at 20C. I have a brew belt if its starts getting to cold, but im hopeful i will be able to keep a steady temp in here? (Preety cold in London at the mo)

OG was 1035. Its been in the FV for around 7 hours and i can just see a build up starting in the top of the FV. Cannot wait to start giving it some of this :drink: But im gonna be patient as i want this to be a success so as to build on the hobby.

If anyone would like to add some advice, i am all ears! I will come back on for an update as things progress.

Cheers

Tony

Back