Ritchies On The Rocks, Pear Cider Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Antrog65 said:
Antrog65 said:
Antrog65 said:
Had one last night and there's a massive difference to the first one i tried. The unpleasant chemical flavour has settled down and is a very acceptable drink, so even longer to mature should see these actually being drunk, rather than going down the plug hole :sulk:

Tasted another and I have to say these now are on a par with the shop bought stuff from Magners and the like. They just need time so be patient.
I've gone from 'wouldn't touch again with a barge pole' to a 'will definitely do another'

I'm now more than willing to do one of the other flavours in the range too.

After leaving these a while having been sidetracked with lagers! and giving a couple away to good comments, I had one last night and these are really really good. No smells or after tastes and are as good as any of the shop bought stuff. I made this in Oct2012 so the 3 month wait I had read about before it matures is correct.
Definitely worth doing if you can stand the wait.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27708437@N ... otostream/

so how sweet is this? i'd love to get a fizzy cider on for summer, TC is a bit too proper for me and I want something not sweet but not sharp...

RobWalker said:
so how sweet is this? i'd love to get a fizzy cider on for summer, TC is a bit too proper for me and I want something not sweet but not sharp...

Not quite the same level of sweetness as kopparberg but not far off it. It has a bit more oomph than kopparberg though :)

I have tried four of the on the rocks ciders and they have all been good :thumb: ,I have just bought the apple and spice one,the only warning I can give really,is just be careful how much of it you drink as its lethal :D

Started this off over the weekend. Looking forward to trying it after reading the reviews. My 4 year old loves watching the air lock.
I will have to get another one on the go just to keep her quiet.

Latest posts

Back