Bottle blaster, bottle tree and rinser (avvinatore)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich27500

Landlord.
Reaction score
I had 120 bottles to do yesterday so treated myself to these three great bits of kit. These with no rinse steriliser made it a breeze and I have no idea how I ever lived without them!

I agree. I have all three and they really do speed up the chore of bottling. Moley, a bottle blaster makes rinsing a breeze. I've had one for years and it is a great bit of kit.

I bought mine years ago in the States but this is similar. I have an adapter that screws onto the kitchen tap aerator. So I can use it in the kitchen sink.

bottle_rinser_1.jpg

http://www.brew2bottle.co.uk/the-blast-bottle-washer.html

51uJUZK4VPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028NIJFU/?tag=pecabean-20

Don't have a blaster but combination of no-rinse santitiser and bottle tree make it straightforward.

My bottle tree is a Ferrari ;-)
13CF8B6B-9243-4686-9951-28B0A4B97807-4617-000009F7DF4C42F8.jpg

I bought my bottle tree and rinser from copper house home brew at burton latimer and it makes life easier

tazuk said:
is that the same as one of these ?????

no, the image you quoted goes on a tap to blast rinse a used bottle, the avinator thingy goes on top of your ferrari bottle tree and sprays no rinse sanitiser into your bottle before you put it on the tree to drain and then fill it with beer :)

personally I find the cold tap good enough to flush my used bottles and think the sanitiser thing is superb, since getting one I have started to bottle more of my beer :)

tazuk said:

The one you link to doesn't look the same. Mine has a female thread which screws onto the kitchen tap with the aerator taken off. The male thread is the same as an outside garden tap that you would screw a hose. Not sure of the sizes. But the 1/2 inch thread on the one you show may be adaptable with one of these:

claber-3-4-1-2-inch-threaded-tap-connector.jpg

The red bit.

rich27500 said:
with no rinse steriliser made it a breeze

Just wondering what cleaner/sanitiser you use. The reason I ask is that I've never seen the 'standard' VWP described as no rinse. I am sure there must be other items that will do the job. For instance, Milton is 'no rinse' when used on baby bottles.

I'm also struggling to find a no-rinse steriliser. Virtually every online shop I've seen stocks either VWP or a similar chlorine-based product. Can anyone point me in the right direction as bottle cleaning is definitely the worst part of the job?

Latest posts

Back