ads and forums that were not there before

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam.k

Landlord.
Reaction score
for some reason I can see an extra part of the forum I thuink I shouldn't have permission to see.

also see lots of ads, hope this isn't going to be norm for this forum now....

If you're not logged in you'll see ads that you don't get when you are logged in
But it seems a few changes have just been made, and there are going to be a few bugs to iron out...

This is horrible!!!

I really hope this is not the future!

I've not even been here long, but would happily pay a couple of quid or so a year if meant no ads.

ah figured it out, go into your account panel and you can disable ads.

I used AdBlocker, wouldn't go on the web without it, reluctant to switch it off to find out what you're seeing, but I suppose I must...

My Account - Edit Forum Options
As well as disabling ads, you can choose to view using the THBF skin - makes it look much more liek it used to

Absolutly horrid. One thing I did notice is that it makes the forum pretty much unusable on a smartphone as the adverts take up half the screen. Had I not been on this forum so long that would of sent me packing.

I used to run a forum a few years back and with the amount of adverts and hyperlinks on here it feels as if the forums ran for profit now rather than have the ads just to keep the forum running.

Latest posts

Back