Hello from the Scottish Borders.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldhippydude

Reaction score
HI
I am just getting back into making wine for the first time in many years.

I used to make wine during my student days and at other times when the finances were tight.It is those times again.

Went to the Brewstore in Edinburgh a couple of days ago to buy some kit.
I bought the Youngs 30 bottle 7 day Cabernet Sauvignon kit, figuring the sooner I get a batch bottled the sooner I start saving money.

I also put on three demijohns of my old student favorite (Two cartons of apple juice, 300ml orange juice, cup of tea and a kilo of sugar for each gallon). This will probably become a mainstay once I have tweaked it a bit as the recipe is an estimate from memory.

Once the Youngs kit is finished with the large fermenting bin then I hope the elder and brambles will be getting ripe, so will be searching the forum for a recipe.

I will probably have questions once I have had a look around.

I also put on three demijohns of my old student favorite (Two cartons of apple juice, 300ml orange juice, cup of tea and a kilo of sugar for each gallon). This will probably become a mainstay once I have tweaked it a bit as the recipe is an estimate from memory.

Welcome to the forum, have a look at this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462 :thumb:

Hi and welcome to the forum. I used to live in the Borders - BEAUTIFUL place to live and some wonderful people too. Where in the Borders are you?

Back