Aldi Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're unlikely to win any awards but for 99p their APA and the hoppy lager are decent beers.

Some of their beers are top notch, some are indifferent. Its all down to what they can purchase in bulk and sell quickly. As I stated in a previous post, its a bit hit and miss, but well worth stickinig your head in the door.

I think the medusa is worth a shout too.

Has anyone noticed b & m doing a big range too now? There's a nine hop one I was gonna try but bought a pack of banks mild instead.

Proffered it when it was mostly named brands, but it's Aldi. The 330ml suprised me by being quite good as I'd found the 500ml ones to be rather average.

I've flitted between Aldi and Lidl for the main shop over the past few years. I think I marginally preferred Lidl's range, but I have enjoyed a few of the 99p 330ml beers. The 500mls aren't anything to go crazy about, but I'll have a couple every time we go in, and some are clear bottles which come in handy sometimes.

B&M is corking. Sometimes they get in some epic beers for not much at all.

Heads up guys
Lidl doing some beguims on special

GAULOISE BLOND AND AMBER 4 pack (330ml) £4.99 each

CORSENDONK ABBEY BROWN (33ML) £5.99

ILL upload a pic when I get some advise soon hopefully.

The amber is awesome. But best with the sun and planet rock on

Hoping this pic shows the beers I bought. Fingers crossed

Whoop it did. Anyways I'm not sure how long the offer is but get down to lidl quick as I can see these shifting fast

Just out of curiousity, and Belgium's meant to be poured along side the glass but toward the end the bottle turned vertical to create a froth?

IMG_20170409_121054.jpg

Last edited:
You need to get yourself to brewdog if that is the hoppiest you have had

Yes completely missed that one. The punk IPA? I bought the non alcoholic one for my misses whilst pregnant and that was a blast of hops.
Finances aside I wouldn't mind trying the Mr president one.
Is the IPA one the hoppiest or is they're another out of they're selection?

Yes completely missed that one. The punk IPA? I bought the non alcoholic one for my misses whilst pregnant and that was a blast of hops.
Finances aside I wouldn't mind trying the Mr president one.
Is the IPA one the hoppiest or is they're another out of they're selection?

The are so many brewdog beers I am not sure which is the hoppiest. If you can visit a bar then do so. I believe Mr President in sold in Tesco's and very nice.

I've noticed, certainly with the smaller ones, that the glue used to on the labels is pretty sticky and cleaning them so they are residue free is hard work!

I've noticed, certainly with the smaller ones, that the glue used to on the labels is pretty sticky and cleaning them so they are residue free is hard work!

I've found a useful method of getting those labels off. Soak bottle in water for at least 24 hours. Pick at a corner of the label with your nail until both the paper label AND glue layer are peeling together. Once your have picked enough of both labels to get a grip, pull them off together without stopping. It should all come off in one piece. If you stop, it will leave a line of glue where you stop and start pulling again.

This doesn't work for those metallic backed labels, just the Brewdog/Aldi small bottles.

Latest posts

Back