Coopers European Lager review (1st Brew!)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsparky99

Newbie kit brewer
Reaction score
Coopers European Lager with BE2 + kit yeat & Saflager S23. Fermented for 14 days at 13C, then 3 days at 17.5C. Lagered for 3 weeks at 4.5C. 2 weeks in the house for 2nd fermentation and another 2-3 weeks conditioning. Roughly 4.3% ABV.

For a first brew went like a charm and no problems what so ever. I have to say how surprised I was at how good it tasted. I thought it would resemble a lager, but would be a little 'amateur'.
How wrong was I! Tasted like a European Lager should taste, clean and light tasting with a fruity edge, really good head and carbonation.

I'm hooked:thumb:
Dished it out to friends and family and all say how good it is (I think they are very surprised lol).

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

Coopers European Lager with BE2 + kit yeat & Saflager S23. Fermented for 14 days at 13C, then 3 days at 17.5C. Lagered for 3 weeks at 4.5C. 2 weeks in the house for 2nd fermentation and another 2-3 weeks conditioning. Roughly 4.3% ABV.

For a first brew went like a charm and no problems what so ever. I have to say how surprised I was at how good it tasted. I thought it would resemble a lager, but would be a little 'amateur'.
How wrong was I! Tasted like a European Lager should taste, clean and light tasting with a fruity edge, really good head and carbonation.

I'm hooked:thumb:
Dished it out to friends and family and all say how good it is (I think they are very surprised lol).

Looks like an EXCELLENT brew there ,Perfect well chilled on a Summer afternoon. just watch the carbonation, a bit to much and you get foamers and lose half a bottle .:thumb:

Looking good mate,it is a nice brew that,I dryhopped mine with 100g of Falconers Flight and it turned out amazing
No going back for you now 😉

Looks gr8 how did you pitch the yeast and at what temp did you pitch it ?

I whip the brew with the spoon so it's swirling around fast and then pitch the yeast straight from the packet. Pitched at 21C. I fermented at 13C for 17 days, I then always transfer to a secondary FV to get rid of the spent yeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that if I pitched the yeast at your ferment temp would it make any difference

Back