Crossmyloof Real Ale Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just taken a fg on the gh summer ale made with the real ale yeast. It's been in the fv 14 days and gone from 1040 to 1008. The sample tastes great and is quite clear. This gives 4.2% and 79 % attenuation (packet says 70-79).
Can't decide whether to keg this one....

Just taken a fg on the gh summer ale made with the real ale yeast. It's been in the fv 14 days and gone from 1040 to 1008. The sample tastes great and is quite clear. This gives 4.2% and 79 % attenuation (packet says 70-79).
Can't decide whether to keg this one....

Those attenuation figures chime with what I get with it. I dont think you needed to leave it in the FV for 14 days (unless you particularly want to leave it to clean up). I'm making a 'Quick Quaffer Bitter' this eve and plan on having it in and out of the FV in 4 days. When I used the other half of the pack it had done in four days plus dropped bright

I did keep a careful eye on this having used the American ale and seen how fast that works. It took the best part of a week for all visible signs to finish, there was a nice krausen and a very steady bubble. I'll take another reading tomorrow as there was still a tiny bit of lid pressure. If it's the same I'll swap it with the pale ale in the brew fridge and crash it for a day. It's been on a heat pad in the garage controlled at 20°c with an inkbird with a couple of towels wrapped around.

Those attenuation figures chime with what I get with it. I dont think you needed to leave it in the FV for 14 days (unless you particularly want to leave it to clean up). I'm making a 'Quick Quaffer Bitter' this eve and plan on having it in and out of the FV in 4 days. When I used the other half of the pack it had done in four days plus dropped bright
Extract, P.mash or all grain?

I have a riwaka pale in the fv with the cml us pale yeast and on day 11 it was still bubbling away albeit not through the airlock, on Friday I'tll be day17 and hopefully ready to package

I found the US Pale Ale yeast finished in about 18 days, the real ale took 20 days.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I used real ale yeast for a pale ale (my most recent brew). Was finished and down to target FG in a week.

None of the kits I have done finished overly faster, even with kit yeast. So far though they have all tasted good. Lol

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

SO I did an Amarillo Pale Ale with CML ale yeast. Mashing went well, sparging a bit less (efficiency 69%-abouts) but after a night cooling down I pitched last Sunday, 1 week ago.
It never really did say *bloob* for a few days as I'm used to. Most activity probably was Monday and Monday night. Hm. Waterlock didn't smell beery too.

Since my spawn bought me a 'beer-bread' pack for Father's Day, and it needed beer, today I thought it a good time to use the brew. 340 ml straight from the fv, and it smelled not bad. So I dove into my brewing gear, got ye faithfulle hydrometer and measured. A flat 1010. Taste was good, as far as i can tell, the yeasties probably have some cleanup to do. But I found it a very positive experience.

Apart from the fact that the brew is cloudy as orange juice.

(sorry for the necro-threading)

I find them on facebook then look at the list/table of hops etc and just email what you want they will then send you a paypal request and just pay it and provide your address cheaper than the ebay site
Is this still the case? (Year or so later?)

Just use online shop and use code 'give us 10 Tom' does not apply to already discounted stock, they send you 10% PayPal refund day later

Back