Big help please at wits end!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have found what you mean So I presume once the beer has femated you use one of these as a prsure Barrel but the way I read it it looks like it is for Lager and not Bitters Or Have I got that wrong also saw this http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/a-used-corny-keg-19lt-ball-lock-p-2425.html
At one point I thought I had to watch a episode of coronation street:mrgreen:
Its for whatever you want to keg as you have total control of how carbonated you want your ale,lagers or bitters to be to suit your taste

I'm a corny keg fan myself. (Got 7 of 'em). As Godsdog says you can fill them with whatever you prefer to drink. On the down side, they are relatively expensive and need a CO2 gas supply and some kind of tap. 2nd hand - refurbished - corny's are available for about half the price of new ones. Apart from the 'O' rings they'll last a lifetime, so long term maybe worth considering.

I'm a corny keg fan myself. (Got 7 of 'em). As Godsdog says you can fill them with whatever you prefer to drink. On the down side, they are relatively expensive and need a CO2 gas supply and some kind of tap. 2nd hand - refurbished - corny's are available for about half the price of new ones. Apart from the 'O' rings they'll last a lifetime, so long term maybe worth considering.
Do you mean somthing like this http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/a-used-corny-keg-19lt-ball-lock-p-2425.html
and what extras do i need

Yep..! That's it. You'll need a tap of some kind with preferably a beer line attached. The easy (most economical) would be a corny party tap complete with beer line. And a CO2 supply and regulator. Some people use the 8g or 16g gas bulbs, but that's an expensive way of doing it. I use a 6.15kg bottle from www.adamsgas.co.uk from memory about �£55 deposit and �£22ish for a refill. Having said that, I'm still using the original bottle a year later and I use it to carbonate my beer and serve it. I've no idea how many times I've pressurised my corny's but in a year it's quite a few - and the gauge still says full..! :thumb:

I think I would wait until after Xmas as off to Malaysia in 3 weeks until Christmas then Xmas presents for wife 3 sons and two grandchildren I think the posh end of this brewing lark will have to wait until the new year is this thing easy to set up though :electric::drink::hat::party:

Back