Peanut butter stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
Hi all going Brew peanut butter stout next weekend going to use the Greg Hughes oatmeal stout recipe and add the peanut butter powder to secondary just don't know how much I should add and how long also would it be worth adding maybe 200g of lactose to it for body thank you for any advice

When adding Flavour essence to a beer you can take a pint out of the beer before packaging then add some drops of the essence taste add some more if it isnt enough (counting how many drops you've added). Then scale this up with the main batch.
Maybe you could do something similar with the peanut butter powder?

Anyone made a peanut butter stout and can give us idea of what quantity of peanut butter powder to use

Hi pal I just did an imperial stout with cocoa nibs and pb2 powder. I had the big jar think it was 16oz I put the lot in 2 gallons and it's turned out fantastic tons of peanut aroma and a lovely flavour. I rehydrated with nearly a full bottle of vodka HIC! This apparently helps extract that peanuty goodness as well as sanitizing as well. I did a secondary in dj's which kept fermenting for ages I think the yeast was slowly chewing up the peanut. This went on for about a month and I presumed it was never Gona stop so I bottled it.

I have 800 and something gram jar so about 30oz do ya have to rehydrate the powder could I not just put in fv and rack the beer on it as a secondary and leave for week or so would assume it doesn't need sanitizing

It took a a hell of a lot of mixing I would think if you racked straight onto it it'll just make a big lump I would do it in the jar other wise you will end up stirring it a lot and introducing oxygen. If you dont want to use vodka like me, cool boiled water would work.
One thing I noticed was it quickly settled into a big mass at the bottom of my dj's so I kept swirling it around so as it was in contact with the beer more. This might be tricky if your doing a 5gallon batch.

Latest posts

Back