How much left in corny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a device or a top tip on how to tell how much beer is left in corny,

There is a thread on this and a company in yankyland selling magnets encased in a kinder egg type enclosure that floats in your beer with a ball bearing on the outside attracted to it and rolls down the keg as the float inside drops,tried many times to replicate it but deemed it a failure.the import version from yankyland cists around £20 for each keg and there is a poster on here who bought one but never reported back on its performance
I now weigh my kegs with a digital luggage scales knowing a cornie weighs 4.5 kilo empty and divide the weight difference with the weight of a pint of beer

a ball magnet on the outside attracted to a 2nd encapsulated in a floating ball as suggested above is a good idea, another option is to weigh the keg with a luggage balance.
a flow meter could also be fitted inline to measure the beer poured, there is an off the shelf ebay/far east option for circa £30.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-Water...250414?hash=item2385e544ae:g:EdQAAOSwfRdZMP5m

or a different take on the blackboard count could be a clicker counter as used by travel reps counting the folk on a tour bus..

I got a Keg Ball from Brew UK, around £15. It’s a large plastic float with a magnet in it with ball bearings to go on the outside and a large magnet to attract the ball to the side when in the keg to position it. Only used it once so far on the last keg I filled but worked all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back