Your "house" brew..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in the Camden ale?

If so, could you link to, or let me know the recipe?
JBH is a BrewDog recipe so it's covered in DIY Dog, I've attached a PDF of the recipe which I edited for 15L then scaled back up to 23L so the numbers are a bit wonky, things should be rounded to 3kg, 400g, 250g and 200g as appropriate. I originally used Magnum for bittering as per the recipe but Admiral is my high alpha hop that I keep in stock. Recipe calls for a ridiculously small amount of Sorachi Ace so I'm guessing I increased that to an arbitrary figure. Lactose was 400g in the 23L batch.

@Clint The bitter is good brewed with flaked barley in place of the wheat, my 2nd batch got 20% munich II subbed in, took an extra month for the flavours to sort themselves out but then it was even better than batch one. Maybe we're just easy to please as both brews have been way ahead of the other 2 bitters I did when I was still pretty new to brewing.

Attachments

• Jet Black Heart Clone.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 99
Cheers Z. I have the required in my brew box...it probably will get a look in next year now as I have a stout just finishing and a pale under way. I wanted to get another pale on soon too...

it would be a galaxy & amarillo pale at about 6%. really tasty and drinkable even on the dark nights.

it's on my brew schedule after my el cid (apple / cider beer hybrid) which is next up. I've had a lot of requests for ale cid so better get that on next.:rolleyes:

So I was on the twitters and noticed Ron Pattinson advertising for birthday recipes. As in: give your date of birth, your preferred type of brew and €25, and get a recipe of a beer that was brewn on that day. And I thought: why the hell not? Couple of days later and I have a fitting recipe: a Scottish Heavy with the ingredients I preferred (with the payment I gave a description: ale, simple malt bill, UK hops, lower ABV, I also said that a few years earlier or later than my date of birth wouldn't be a problem).
And it might become the house ale :cheers3:

I don't have a house brew. Sometimes I wish I did, but I also like to brew something different and always find myself experimenting with new ingredients. Having said that when guests come over and want to try my beer, it's nice to offer something more down to earth and recognisable than an imperial dark saison, or mint chocolate porter, so I do try and have a lager and/or pale readily available. Due to moving house earlier this year and not really brewing during the heatwave I decimated my stocks, only now and I getting them going again. I had to make about 3 batches for other people though.

Latest posts

Back