First Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesb

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ok, I haven't got the brewery up to working condition since I've moved house but I've got the day to myself on saturday to do things, so I thought I can bodge some water and electric to get myself a brew on while I do the other **** that SWMBO says I have to do. Besides, I'm running out of beer and I don't want to have to buy any.

I picked up some First Gold hops before I found out I was moving. I have a vague memory of some people on here coming up with a cracking recipe for a single hop brew with them.

Anyone want to share? I haven't got too many other malts around at the moment (buried in the garage somewhere) but I can pick up the usual ones easily enough.

I've also found my S-04, Nottingham and Windsor.

125g grams - from H&G ;)

In fact I think there was nearer 140g in the bag I used at the weekend - I just lob the remains in at 80 degree flameout. I did consider saving an ounce for dry hopping but I reckon the late hops should do the aroma job nicely.

I think I used S04 in the last one - worked well although Nottingham would also be a good choice.

Now, if only my wlp002 yeast would start fermenting the current batch :evil:

Jonnyv said:
I think I used S04 in the last one - worked well although Nottingham would also be a good choice.

I prefer using Nottingham when I'm trialling a single hop beer. I find S-04 imparts a certain taste and I prefer the yeast not to have too much of a taste to it when I want the flavour of the hops to shine out.

Latest posts

Back