Ebay grrrr!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cononthebarber

Landlord.
Reaction score
I get annoyed with some people on Ebay! I was bid on a Sega dreamcast controller which is quite rare and they usually go for between £15 - £20 I bid on this listing which I ended up winning for the grand total of £3.20! Win!!!

After two weeks the item had still not arrived, so I send the seller a message, they replied very quickly saying "oh sorry its not turned up yet, it must have been lost in the post, unfortunately I've lost the proof of postage so I'll just refund you".

Now I'm not complaining about the refund however, my theory is that the seller was unhappy with the low price that I won the auction for and so decided just to not send it and then take the hit of the £3.20 so that he can relist the item at a later date...don't worry, I will be watching their future activity so that when they relist I can send them an "I told you so" email...or something like that...maybe I'm just petty, but if you don't want £3.20 for an item worth £15 quid, why start the auction at 99p?!!

listing fees are cheaper at 99p but I think your assumptions would be correct! A really poor move from the seller, I don't buy anything from eBay because of this kind of ****.

Yes I agree there are no listing fees if you start at 99p, but he will still have to pay the final value fee on an item he hasn’t even sold and then pay again if and when he relists, silly really, I bought the same item off someone else for £15 a few days later anyway.

Some people do this when you get a bargain.
I had a winning bid on a motorbike, I had a feeling it only needed a battery, nobody else bid so I got it for very little, Anyway, the guy wouldn't respond my emails and after a week I was palmed off with 'Oh yes, sorry it was stolen'
Yeah right.

Latest posts

Back