One for the AC DC fans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love these guys, between these, Apocalyptica, VSQ and the harp twins - it's amazing what classic strings can do to modern music

Bloody Hell!

I wonder how many bows those guys get through.

With that and a quick dip into some of the names Brewtrog mentioned, I can see this costing me a packet,

I got some great suggestions when I posted that to FB . . . Including the same guys doing Smells Like Teen Spirit, and a fantastic rendition of Kiss' Enter Sandman.

Aleman said:
I got some great suggestions when I posted that to FB . . . Including the same guys doing Smells Like Teen Spirit, and a fantastic rendition of Kiss' Enter Sandman.

Enter Sandman is by Apocalyptica - Their first album is "Plays Metallica on four Cellos"

Brewtrog said:
Aleman said:

Enter Sandman is by Apocalyptica - Their first album is "Plays Metallica on four Cellos"
Yep . . .Got to find that album

Aleman said:
Brewtrog said:
Aleman said:

Yep . . .Got to find that album

They also do a brilliant heavy version of In The Hall of The Mountain King

[youtube:12okocb5]zf2aIVKp1OY[/youtube:12okocb5]

And their later albums is their own stuff which is also amazing.

Brewtrog said:
And their later albums is their own stuff which is also amazing.
I previewed more tracks over my lunch break and think I would rapidly get tired of the cover versions.

2Cellos: Amazing musicians, and I'm looking forward to watching some of their videos this evening on a big TV with the volume turned up, but would I buy an album? Probably not.

VSQ: Again, interesting to hear once, but probably only that once.

Those harp twins: Not bad to look at but those electro harps are not elegant instruments to prance around with and I don't actually think they play particularly well, there are bum notes and timing issues in their videos. Totally different style of music (Celtic folk) but I much prefer Sileas.

But Apocalyptica - I think I might buy “Worlds Collide” and “7th Symphony”, their original material.

Back