Anywhere decent to drink in Bristol?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_P

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All

I will be going to Bristol on business next week. It's hightly unlikely I will be able to stand being in a room full of airkissing facebook twats for very long so I am planning on packing a book and ducking out as soon as I possibly can and going for a pint and a read in more pleasant environment. My only issue is that I have no Idea where to tell the taxi driver to head for.

Does anyone know anywhere decent to drink?

Cheers

John

I used to live just outside Bristol. I didn't go into Bristol to drink much cos of the Twats. I'm sure there is some good pubs but i don't know any. The surrounding countryside has some great pubs though. The village of Box, out of Bristol towards Chippenham, has a micro brewery. Apparently the beers are very good.

Not any hyelp there i'm afraid. :roll:

I wish you well with that project. I believe the fatality rate outside Bristol pubs is up this year. Watch your mouth, keep your head down and don't go outside after dark.

Buzz said:
I wish you well with that project. I believe the fatality rate outside Bristol pubs is up this year. Watch your mouth, keep your head down and don't go outside after dark.

Is it really that bad there?

Oblivious said:
Is it really that bad there?
My comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek but, I think it's like a lot of places O - has some good areas and some bad. The local news here (I'm about 40 mins away in the car) always seems to focus on the latest mugging/shooting in Bristol. It's a good place to go shopping (or so my mrs tells me) but, for a night out drinking, I'd rather not.

JP its really time you bought a good beer guide. If you travel much in the UK it is a great source of sanity away from the maddening Hotel bar crowds, and the hotel prices and absence of ANYTHING good to drink :cheers:

Latest posts

Back