Advanced Oxygenation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFB

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've got a couple of hi gravity beers planed for the new year.
And want to make sure I get the oxygenation wright. So how do you do it? Feel free to post links to new toys as I have a little Christmas money left:thumb:

I've got a couple of hi gravity beers planed for the new year.
And want to make sure I get the oxygenation wright. So how do you do it? Feel free to post links to new toys as I have a little Christmas money left:thumb:

This is what I use on big beers. It's basically an air pump with a sterile air filter attached.
The only downside is the filter is only 'guaranteed' for one use, but I've used mine quite a few times, you just have to be really careful about using it and storing it and it'll last a good few times.
The ceramic airstone is ok but the stainless steel one stays at the bottom of the fv when you're aerating.

This is what I use on big beers. It's basically an air pump with a sterile air filter attached.
The only downside is the filter is only 'guaranteed' for one use, but I've used mine quite a few times, you just have to be really careful about using it and storing it and it'll last a good few times.
The ceramic airstone is ok but the stainless steel one stays at the bottom of the fv when you're aerating.

Cheers, Where do you get all the bits from?

Back