Few points

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico1973

Reaction score
Hi all right brewed a St Petersburg ruby red left in fv 2 weeks like a good boy, racked it last Tues. Most was with Coppers carbonation drops some with brown sugar, tried 2 last night no head at all little fizz :( 500ml coppers bottles 1 drop per bottle as recommended or should been 2 for a red?
Did read a thread this morning from 2012 saying they had left it 3 weeks, and it did carb up. Is this the case?

Also which kit is the best for a quick brew and drink?
Thanks.

Hi!
Patience!
You need to leave the bottles at fermentation temperature for at least two weeks, but if you want to leave it for three weeks, that won't harm the beer. Following that, the bottles need a period at a cool temperature to promote clearing.
The beer will improve the longer you leave it (up to about 3 months) - most agree that the last bottle tastes the best.

Hi!
Patience!
You need to leave the bottles at fermentation temperature for at least two weeks, but if you want to leave it for three weeks, that won't harm the beer. Following that, the bottles need a period at a cool temperature to promote clearing.
The beer will improve the longer you leave it (up to about 3 months) - most agree that the last bottle tastes the best.

Thanks Bigcol :thumb:

I try my first bottle to taste at 2 weeks, 12 days at room temp and then 2 days in the fridge before I chuck the whole lot in the shed for two weeks. It's green but it gives a good indication of what it's going to turn out like. But I'm still finding now that my best beers are the last half dozen bottles and can always kick myself that I didn't wait, patience is indeed the hardest ingredient to get your hands on.

Back