Lots of hops!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
I am doing a citra brew

4kg MO
300g Crystal

I was going to do 25g Challenger 60 mins @ 6.5aa
10g Citra 15 mins @ 12.2
5g Citra 5 mins @12.2

I really like quite hoppy beers though, would i be right in then leaving this for 10 days then dry hopping with say 70g citra for 5 days?

Is 85g of citra all you have or do you have a 100g pack? If so you may as well use them all up and do something like reduce the 60min challenger addition and up the 5min addition

What I meant was use the rest of the citra for the 5min addition so you'd end up with 20g. Then lower the 60min challenger addition by however much IBU the citra increases it by . It wont be that much though so if you are happy to increase the IBU a bit just add the other 15g of citra to th 5min addition and keep the 60min challenger addition as is.

Or What you could do is add that 15g of citra as a 1min addition or 0min addition for more flavour

What I meant was use the rest of the citra for the 5min addition so you'd end up with 20g. Then lower the 60min challenger addition by however much IBU the citra increases it by . It wont be that much though so if you are happy to increase the IBU a bit just add the other 15g of citra to th 5min addition and keep the 60min challenger addition as is.

Or What you could do is add that 15g of citra as a 1min addition or 0min addition for more flavour

Ok great, thanks!

Cant see why you'd need that 15g knocking around the freezer unless you've got plans for it. So you may as well use it up. It frees up just that little bit more space for you to cram some new hops in there. (dont mention this to SWMBO though :))

Latest posts

Back