Tesco sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the red grape concentrate, but got half a dozen white for �£1.63 each and a youngs elderberry which I'll spilt over three gallons and top up with other stuff. Need to rack and clear and bottle a number of dj's been drinking it rather than making over the last 10 days :whistle:

Missed the red grape concentrate, but got half a dozen white for £1.63 each and a youngs elderberry which I'll spilt over three gallons and top up with other stuff. Need to rack and clear and bottle a number of dj's been drinking it rather than making over the last 10 days :whistle:

I checked within an hour of the sale starting and they weren't there, so I guess the red enricher was already sold out beforehand. I got four of the white concentrate though. Currently wondering whether to use them for the £11 Winebuddy Merlot kit I also got, or save them for elderflower season. Hmmm...

I checked within an hour of the sale starting and they weren't there, so I guess the red enricher was already sold out beforehand. I got four of the white concentrate though. Currently wondering whether to use them for the �£11 Winebuddy Merlot kit I also got, or save them for elderflower season. Hmmm...

Save them for an oak leaf :) and use sultanas for the elderflower.

Take no notice of kits that say 7 days, you might get one to ferment within 7 days in summer when our houses are a lot hotter but generally speaking they take longer, i have a WineBuddy Sav Blanc fermenting which i started around this time on Sunday 19 Feb and its still bubbling every 2 seconds.

Take your point Chippy. My usual 7 day kit is BetterBrew which typically runs as ferment for 7-10 days.
With adding the extra 900g of elderberry kit concentrate, lifting the OG to 1.090 just wondering if it will be more towards a 7 day or run longer to the 28 days of the elderberry kit. Granted it is what it is but as I tend to run to the hydrometer reading. If it's .990 then I stop the brew whether there is a bubble every 5 mins or not. Impatient at heart I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If it's .990 then I stop the brew whether there is a bubble every 5 mins or not. Impatient at heart I guess.

You have more patience than me i call mine done when they get to a bubble every two minutes. :lol:

Back