Muntons Imperial Stout Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be fooled by the name though, there is nothing imperial about this stout! Mine was about 3.8% i think.
I agree. I was disappointed with the SG. 1038. I had to add dextrose to bring it up to 1040. It also did not want to go past 1014. No matter what I did. It is approximately 3.8%
Very disappointed.
In fact I'm finding this with a lot of kits these days. 'They don't do what is days on the tin' And yes I check my hydrometer regularly.
I more often have to add extra sugars to reach the OG that will give the ABV advertised.
This imperial stout is no exception.

As others have said this is a great kit and the results superb, in my opinion this is better than Guinness.

I just followed the instructions but beware, this kit goes crazy in the first couple of days. If you dont have much headroom above the liquid in your FV, put the FV in a container or put some towels under it if this is not possible. If you have the new style Coopers FV with the Krausen collar you will be fine.

6246375704_d134cf2d66.jpg

Here's a picture of mine after a few hours, you can just see the level of the liquid below the froth. After a day the froth filled the entire space before going down to nothing.

Dont let this put you off, the results are fantastic with nothing extra added.

Cheers
I agree better than guiness

Back