Tesco clearance

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentmark

Regular.
Reaction score
Bottles of Shepherd Neame Late Red and Tetleys Gold ale £1 a bottle to clear :smile:

Was just about to post this. Had a bottle of late red last night. Very hoppy and actually quite fizzy so not my cup of tea but never the less for £1 it's cheap!

I love shepherd neame beers so really enjoyed the late red, quite refreshing. The tetleys gold is nice too, quite hoppy as well even for a golden ale.

Its Friday so I intend to treat myself today :) off to Tesco after work to pick up some of these beers (and a few others) so I can familiarise myself with some of the different styles available.

Until recently I've only ever really drank 'mainstream' beers so I intend to write down a few tasting notes (sounds sad I know) so I can home in on what types of beers I like the most so I can do some research to see why I like them (e.g what hops are uses processes ect....)

krazypara3165 said:
Until recently I've only ever really drank 'mainstream' beers so I intend to write down a few tasting notes (sounds sad I know) so I can home in on what types of beers I like the most so I can do some research to see why I like them (e.g what hops are uses processes ect....)

Try the Untappd app for iPhone (or they have an online site too if you don't use iPhone). It's really handy for tracking what you drink, saving a few notes etc. It also allows you to find which pubs have which beers in based on previous reviewers submissions. I've just started using it and I have to say it's great.

A further tesco clearance aisle bargain. Youngs winebuddy kits on clearance, got a years date on them.

1 x complete starter kit inc. Cabernet sauvignon 7 day kit.
3 x cabernet sauvignon 30 bottle kits
1 x chardonnay 30 bottle kit

£5.63 each!!

Pickd up a bottle of the red today amongst some other bits and bobs, however the gold was not on offer :(

And the bargains continue. Got a load of geordie and john bull kits today for around £3 a go!

A tesco extra, whitstable branch.

I wouldn't call these high quality kits but at these prices gotta be worth a punt and a play with. Already getting ideas of dry hopping, short brewing and seeing what other ingridients i can experiment with.

I went into the supposed largest tesco in the uk today (widnes) when asking about brewing kits they looked at me as if I was crazy!

Ours stopped selling home brew kits about 6 months ago, so no idea why these clearance kits have suddenly cropped up here. Not complaining though!

Latest posts

Back