Where Do These People Come From

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Regular.
Reaction score
This afternoon I watched an episode of the Quiz show called Perfection hosted by Nick Knowles.

One of the questions which was put to the young female contestant in the hot seat was....

True or False......Buzz Lightyear was aboard the Apollo 11 mission.

To my amazement the young lady said it was True.

After the round of questions was answered, Nick Knowles asked the other players if this girl had achieved Perfection.

Another girl replied that the question about Buzz Lightyear was false............Some common sense at last I thought, then she continued to say that she was sure that Buzz Lightyear was aboard the Apollo 10 mission. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Even Nick Knowles thought that was funny. :rofl:

I can remember seeing Joss Stone on TV talking about the Band Aid charity music singles and referring to Bob Geldof as Bob Gandalf - as though somehow Mr Boomtown Rat was a wizard in Lord of The Rings!?! :shock:

I still chuckle about that now.

To be fair though, I don't think I would get many answers right in a One Direction quiz...! :whistle:

Maysie said:
I don't think I would get many answers right in a One Direction quiz...! :whistle:

That Maysie, is to your credit.

I love Pointless and am often stunned by how little some people know about some things, then I reflect on the rounds where I know no answers at all (eg hoofball)

oldbloke said:
I love Pointless and am often stunned by how little some people know about some things, then I reflect on the rounds where I know no answers at all (eg hoofball)
I always find questions are much easier when I know the answers, it is always those pesky ones which I don't know the answers to which stump me completely.

I love those sort of shows on TV where I can show off by answering the questions that I know, but pretend I wasn't listening when the questions I don't know are asked. It works for me! :whistle:

Maysie said:
oldbloke said:
I always find questions are much easier when I know the answers, it is always those pesky ones which I don't know the answers to which stump me completely.

I love those sort of shows on TV where I can show off by answering the questions that I know, but pretend I wasn't listening when the questions I don't know are asked. It works for me! :whistle:

PMSL I do the same :party:

I insist on silence during Univ Chall so I can play along. I generally end up about midway between the two teams' scores.
Only Connect is just a mindfuck though, sometimes, but I'm quite good on the last round

Latest posts

Back