It's not too late for our kids... please read some of this

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosie

Reaction score
This is a google search page -I wish you would read some of this information, The lancet has an article that links fluoride and ADHD, not to mention deadly plaques in Adult arteries.
I think we should protest about the addition of toxins to our drinking water, here we have proven links to all kinds of life inhibiting disorders caused by the addition of fluoride to our diets. They don't add fluoride to my water, do they add it to yours?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adhd+ ... 3&ie=UTF-8

I just read the lancet paper, the fluoride aspect was a reference to a different study (a meta-analysis) that looked at 27 other studies.

So.... I read that too.

In the paper referred to, most of the studies are Chinese where rural water supplies often have loads of fluoride:
The exposed groups had access to drinking water with fluoride concentrations up to 11.5 mg/L (Wang SX et al. 2007); thus, in many cases concentrations were above the levels recommended (0.7–1.2 mg/L; DHHS) or allowed in public drinking water (4.0 mg/L; U.S. EPA) in the United States

Comparing high concentration fluoride in the water with the low UK concentration (typical 0.7 mg/L, max allowed = 1.5 mg/L) seems a little pointless to me and worth noting that most of science doesn't publish negative results (so there could be a number of negative studies which haven't been published). In the US where most of the hysteria originates the max allowed concentration is much higher than ours (4 mg/L) and some studies have shown an effect at lower concs, but.... IQ tests are riddled with error so I'm still somewhat unconvinced. Not all fluoride is added to water either.

Truth be told, I am unconvinced that there is a tangible benefit in adding it to UK drinking water, and think it probably is damaging at high conc, but not enough evidence for low conc. I looked into it in the past and found it to be typical mass hysteria Yankeeism, with several interesting but irrelevant studies and a small number of relevant but less interesting studies. That was a few years ago so things may have changed (Note that I haven't read the Harvard group paper) but my thoughts were essentially: I'd drink it if I lived in an area with fluoridated water, but I'd consider using a filter/buying filtered water (tesco value) for my kids. That said, my area doesn't add fluoride anyway and I don't care that much about other people's children.

Latest posts

Back