Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK let's see how we get on with uploading some piccies ... I have now equipped myself with another glass of ale!

Piccies show 1. my current offering (turbo cider with a hint of raspberry) in the fridge, 2.Empty Easy keg and bung, 3. the 3 component parts of the bung.

Oh the delights of mobile phones!

Yes this. But if you disassemble the bung in situ it makes it easier to remove ;-)

Yes this. But if you disassemble the bung in situ it makes it easier to remove ;-)

Oh absolutely ... although they can often be removed without dismantling. I only did that for the piccie!

Actually that weissbier only cost £11 from Lidl ... just been thinking what a bargain that was!

I've been using these little things for a while now. Oldest keg is probs 6 month old and going strong.

However a friend of mine blew one to pieces using honey to keg a wheat beer.

He is new to this though. I'll ask him for the pic and upload it.

I've been using these little things for a while now. Oldest keg is probs 6 month old and going strong.

However a friend of mine blew one to pieces using honey to keg a wheat beer.

He is new to this though. I'll ask him for the pic and upload it.

I haven't played with honey much (yet!) but I did prime some bottles of turbo cider with it once and it seemed to go down well with she what drinks that stuff. Didn't keep a record of how much though and I've just checked on a jar in the cupboard ... it's 82% sugar so one needs to be a touch careful I guess. Would be interested to see the exploded keg though!

I've got a couple of kegs which are 2 years old (ish). I changed sanitising on these to Starsan after I lost a keg when the lining disintegrated. Recognised it from a very 'tinny' taste to the cider and confirmed when the lining came out as it was emptied. Research tended to indicate that the VWP was to blame for that. I try peering into them occasionally to check the condition inside ... wish I could find a single LED on a flexible stick that would make internal inspection easy!

Shame I don't like lager. Some of those are virtually being given away

One could always try in the interests of furthering knowledge of course.

They appear to come from Germany .... any import duty costs do we know? I'm also guessing shipping costs may be prohibitive.

If anyone can confirm that any of these can be reused, I'd be grateful.
Thanks.

Steer clear of the ones marked 'PerfectDraft' as I believe they require a dispenser which is not cheap.

Can't confirm, but the others look like the Easy Kegs we have been discussing.

I think Brumbrew and MrDD have confirmed that the ones that 'can't' be reused is simply a matter or replacing the bung with a reuseable one

Yeah, noticed that, cheers. I just wouldn't want to buy a few of these if they were the use once thingys which have the twist thing on top to release CO2.

Yeah, noticed that, cheers. I just wouldn't want to buy a few of these if they were the use once thingys which have the twist thing on top to release CO2.

And, of course, you can't see if they have that twisty thing!

Latest posts

Back