Brew Jackets immersion cooling heating system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fwiw I will happily have my bottles condition at ambient temp and in the metal garage with black roof that can easily exceed 25C at the height of summer and the bottles sat conditioning and maturing have all been fine. IMHO the flavour impact of the make up of a priming charge and the conditioning temperature is nominal, and beyond my ability to detect. Perhaps some with more refined palates can detect the difference, just not mine ;)

in a 5% abv 5 gallon brew the sugars fermented have a mass circa 3kg, (roughly 2.8kg of white sugar with no residual..) the most generous priming charge you could apply wouldnt represent 1% of the fermentable mass employed during primary..

an insulated bag/box and daily exchange of frozen bottles would be my budget option if the brewfridge wasnt a viable option.. the hassle is minimal as its no great hardship to spend 3-5 minutes a day attending to cold bottle exchange. binbag linning a sleeping bag would be simple n cheap..

Back