New here - saying hi! Love to brew cider...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-A-D

Reaction score
Well, I've brewed a few batches of cider and dandelion wine in the past, steadily ramping up production.

At the moment I have 12 litres of toffee apple

attachment.php

View attachment 8028

and 12 litres of honey and ginger in to brew (they will be split 50/50 into still and sparkling when I bottle them).

image.jpg

View attachment 8026

attachment.php

View attachment 8027

SG of the toffee apple was 1.080
SG of the honey ginger was 1.110

So, as long as they brew through ok, they will be fairly strong. Looking forward to tasting! A lively fermentation from both of them at present.

My last batch, i had a mishap :doh: (though pleased about it) - ended up with cider vinegar and a mother in each of the 12 bottles I did (that was a apple, blackberry, raspberry and cranberry mix). Not sure I can get through that much vinegar, but at least I have a mother to make more vinegar now! :thumb:

IMG_20170201_WA0001.jpg

View attachment 8029

If these batches are successful with the recipe, I think I will crank out a 50 litre run of each. It does annoy me that swing top bottles cost more than my cider does though! :lol:

Just taken gravity readings for the toffee apple since it seems to have just about stopped fermenting.

0.98 - that gives me around the 13% mark. Way stronger than I'd like but hey ho! Gonna leave it in the primary for a bit and let it clear down before I do anything else.

Back